BET / Sorptometer
The PMI BET is a fully automated instrument for measurement of adsorption characteristics of various gases on catalysts for multipurpose applications. It iscapable of measuring a wide range of adsorption isotherms for the estimation of sorption/physisorption, chemisorption and vapour adsorption characteristics, surface area, pore size distribution, including micropore size distribution analysis by using gas adsorption. The PMI BET comes with all the accessories and features for sample preparation & treatment.
- Handles micropores and mesopores
- Evacuation and testing under sub-freezing to elevated temperature ranges
- Unlimited number of user defined data points
- Windows-based software handles all control, measurement, data collection, and report generation; manual control also possible
- Real-time visual test display depicts testing status and results throughout operation
- Non-destructive testing
- Length of test varies from 2.5 hrs to 2 days depending on sample type and tests performed
- Wide range of acceptable sample types and sizes
- Multiple sample chambers available
- Minimal maintenance required
- Chemisorption over a wide range of pressures and temperatures
Weak van der Waal’s type interaction of molecules with a pore surface leads to physical adsorption. The Brunauer, Emmett and Teller (BET) theory of physical adsorption is normally used for analysis of adsorption data to compute surface area.
When vapor pressure, P is low compared with P (0.05 < P/P < 0.3), the plot of [P/W (P – P)] verses [P/P] is linear and the plot yields the magnitudes of C and Wm. The surface area S per unit mass, m, of the sample is computed using the cross-sectional area of the adsorbed gas molecule:
PMI’s BET Sorptometer has a multitude of applications in industries worldwide, including industrial textiles.
|Model||BET-201A / BET-202A / BET-210AELPC / BET-202AELPC|
|Sample cell type||U Tube design|
|Analysis volume||0.1cc〜30cc (other requirment avalible)|
|Analysis type||Physical adsorption, Chemical adsorption, Vapor adsorption and High temperature adsorption|
|Analysis Gas/Vapor||N2, CO2, CH4 , NH3 , Organic gas, vapor…|
|Sample Geometry||Powder granule, block, sheet (flat membrane)|
Surface：above 0.01m2/g -2000 m2/g
Pore size：above 3.5Å-4000 Å
|Cooling tank||Large type Dewar|
|Heating equipment||Heater oven|
|Vacuum system||2x10-3 Torr / 1x10-8 Torr|
- Operate under Windows98/NT/2000/XP
- Automated Test / Manual Control switch able
- Sample Preparation：Programmable Setting, Vacuum Setting, Temperature Heating, Flow Gas and Waiting Time, Programmable Control.
- Modify Function：Interpolate, Curve Fit, Blank Correct, Manually Create File
- Analysis Setting：Multipoint (BET) and Adsorption/ Desorption Isotherm at user selectable (P/P0).
✓ Data Report：
- Data analysis can do 1~7 analysis at the same time, and can be converted to Excel File and Text File
- Include: BET Specific surface area analysis、pore volume analysis、pore size distribution analysis Isotherms、MesoPore (Pierce、DH、BJH)、MicroPore (Micropore Volume Analysis、H-K Micropore Analysis、Fractal Analysis)、t-plot、Langmuir、D-R (Dubinin-Radushkevich)、D-A (Dubinin-Astakhov)
✓ Data Output：
- Raw Text、Table Delimited、Excel (Graph Analysis Inclusive)